RamSafe provides free transportation service to on-campus locations and nearby residences and buildings. VCU faculty, students and staff are encouraged
to contact us at ramsafe.vcu.edu or at 828-SAFE during hours of operation. VCUHS employees should continue to contact 828-WALK for a security escort on
the MCV Campus.
The RamSafe Service Area: Monroe Park Campus and MCV Campus.
|RamSafe Hours of Operation|
|Monroe Park Campus (RamSafe)||5 p.m. to 8 a.m.|
|MCV Campus (VCUHS Security)||5 p.m. to 8 a.m.|
|Cross-campus hours|| Mon - Fri: 2 a.m. to 6:30 a.m.
Sat - Sun: 9 p.m. to 7 a.m.
How to Get a Ride
- Access RamSafe (ramsafe.vcu.edu) via desktop, laptop, tablet, smartphone or call 828-SAFE (7233). You can access our app at VCU Mobile.
- At ramsafe.vcu.edu enter your eID and password and follow the prompts to enter a ride request.
- Provide the following information so we may easily identify you and document our activity:
- current pick up location and phone number (the online system only needs your phone number the first time.)
- desired destination
- number of people in your party (All passengers must have a valid VCUCard)
- Once your vehicle is assigned, you can track it until it arrives by clicking the status of your ride button.
- You will receive notification once the RamSafe bus reaches your destination. The driver will wait 3 minutes before leaving.
- Enjoy your ride!
- You are allowed to bring 2 guests on the RamSafe bus.
- Guest must be accompanied by a passenger with a valid VCUCard.
- Requests should include the total number of passengers, including guests.
- You will be responsible for your guests while on the RamSafe van.