- Special Events
- High School Graduations
High School Graduations
The Stuart C. Siegel Center and Altria Theater will be hosting this year’s high school graduation ceremonies. These important events will take place from Tuesday, June 6 through Saturday, June 17 and will provide many prospective college students and their families an opportunity to experience Virginia Commonwealth University.
Attendance at each graduation ceremony will range from 2,500 to more than 6,000 high school graduates, parents and guests. Attendees will park primarily in the West Broad Street Deck at 1111 West Broad Street and Bowe Street Deck at 609 Bowe Street.
VCU Police and VCU Parking and Transportation will work to minimize inconveniences as much as possible. Due to the ongoing construction activities and lane closures on Broad Street and surrounding areas, traffic is expected to be more congested than in previous years, with the greatest delays occurring 45 minutes before and after each ceremony. Please ensure you allow ample time to travel to and from your parking facility. Graduation ceremonies are expected to last from 60 to 120 minutes.
To ensure subscribers can park safely and with minimal impacts, we are temporarily relocating all West Broad Street Deck and Bowe Street Deck subscribers.
West Broad Street Deck Subscribers:
Bowe Street Deck Subscribers:
- During the graduation period (June 6-15), West Broad Street Deck subscribers will relocate to the West Cary Street Deck, located at 1101 West Cary Street, or Jefferson Street Deck, located at 100 South Jefferson Street.
West Main Street Deck Subscribers:
- Bowe Street Deck subscribers will relocate to the West Cary Street Deck, located at 1101 West Cary Street, or Jefferson Street Deck, located at 100 South Jefferson Street.
UU/SP Lot Subscribers:
- West Main Street Deck subscribers are encouraged to park in the West Cary Street Deck, located at 1101 West Cary Street, Henry Street Decks (East/West), located at 200-201 N. Henry Street, or Jefferson Street Deck, located at 100 South Jefferson Street, on June 6, June 13, June 14 and June 16.
- UU and SP Lot subscribers can access the UU and SP Lots with a valid VCU permit.
- Reciprocal parking will not be permitted on the West Broad Street Deck from June 6-17. MCV Campus subscribers who need to reciprocal park on the Monroe Park Campus may park on the West Cary Street Deck or Henry Street Decks (East/West) during this time.
- To help ease the challenges of this relocation for those impacted, a dedicated shuttle service will be provided which will operate from June 6-9 and June 12-15. Three shuttles will run on a continuous loop to and from the West Cary Street Deck and Jefferson Street Deck to on campus locations during the hours of 7 am- 9 am and 4 pm- 6 pm. View the VCU Parking Subscriber Shuttle Service Route.
Shuttles will travel to and from these six locations:
- West Cary Street Deck
- Harrison and Main Streets
- Harrison and Franklin Streets
- Franklin and Shafer Streets
- Franklin and Laurel Streets
- Jefferson Street Deck
- In the event you will need transportation between the hours of 6:01 pm and 6:59 am, we ask that you place a ride request through our RamSafe service by calling 828-SAFE (7233) or visiting ramsafe.vcu.edu.
In the event you require additional parking accommodations due to a disability, please contact VCU Parking and Transportation directly at 828-PARK (7275).
- Campus Connector passengers may experience extended wait times due to surrounding traffic. Passengers are encouraged to utilize the RamRide tracker at vcu.transloc.com or the VCU Mobile app to view estimated arrival times.
- RamSafe will operate as normal (from 5 pm- 8 am); however, portions of campus surrounding the Siegel Center may not be serviced while graduation activities are taking place.
Sports Medicine Visitors:
- Guests holding sports medicine appointments will be permitted to utilize the SP Lot; however, guests must notify the lot attendant of your appointment.
- Ensure your VCU parking permit is properly displayed on your rear view mirror at all times.
- Use alternate routes when possible, and plan for delays. You may view the full graduation schedule here.
- If you are attending a graduation ceremony, leave early to allow enough time for traffic and parking.
- In the event you encounter any ingress/egress issues while in the parking deck, please press the “i” button, located on the entrance/exit lane readers, for assistance.